Gallo UK Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the data controller is Gallo UK Limited of Hycilla, Bowcliffe Hall, Bramham, Wetherby, LS23 6LP .
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided when registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion advertised on our site and when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our site are recorded via a cookie on arrival on our website. This includes but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- information on engagement with the emails you receive from us.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Please see further information regarding Cookies below.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us (such as our newsletter) or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if our parent company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or competition terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will only pass on the personal data collected if we have a legal or contractual obligation to do so. However, Gallo UK Ltd may on occasion pass your Personal data to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Gallo UK Ltd requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions, confidentiality agreement and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Your privacy rights
At any point Gallo UK whilst is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- In the event that Gallo UK Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Gallo UK Ltd at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person (Data Protection Officer) or organisation (Gallo UK Ltd) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held by Gallo UK Ltd, we will need to validate your email address as proof or your identity. If you believe your email has been compromised or that you have lost your email you can contact email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 113 834 7946 or writing to us at the address detailed above.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment by visited websites; they are stored in the user’s terminal equipment to be then re-transmitted to the websites on the user’s subsequent visits to those websites. They are used for several purposes, they have different features and may be used both by the owner of the website you are now navigating and by other websites (“third party” cookies). As shown below you will find all the information on cookies stored by this website as well as all the information you need to manage your cookie preferences.
What kinds of Cookies do we use?
Technical cookies, for which the user’s consent is not required are:
- Cookies relating with strictly necessary activities to make the service work and be provided.
- Cookies relating with preferences “save” activities and optimization activities.
- Statistics cookies directly used by the site’s administrator to collect information in aggregate form.
Users’ prior consent is not necessary to install all these technical cookies that are therefore directly installed when the user accesses the website.
Cookies that need user’s prior consent
All other non-technical cookies, different from the above mentioned ones, can be installed or activated only if the user has given prior explicit consent (opt-in) the first time he navigates the website. Consent can be expressed in broader terms through a banner placed in the landing page according to the instructions on the banner (by removing the banner through a click or clicking on the button OK or scrolling down the page or clicking on any other element of the page) Specific consent can also be given through the selection of individual cookies as illustrated below. The manager of the site will then have to keep track of such consent through a (technical) cookie in order not to display the information notice on subsequent visits made by the user on the website. However, the user has always the right to revoke and / or to partly disable the prior consent .
Third party cookies
Social network cookies
These are used to share content on social network sites. Here below you will find a list of the third parties that manage them and for each of them the link to the page where you can get their information notice and express your consent.
Managed by third parties for statistical purposes., these can also be disaggregated. Here below you will find a list of the third parties that manage them and for each of them the link to the page where you can get their information notice and express your consent.
Remember that you can manage your cookie preferences also through the browser settings.
If you don’t know which web browser and version you’re using you can get all the information by clicking on the button “help” on the browser window. If you already know which is your web browser please click on one of the following links to access to the settings page