Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Black and white risotto with sea urchins
What you need
- [ ] 320 g Riserva 1856 Carnaroli rice
- [ ] 50 g shallot finely chopped
- [ ] 1 glass dry white wine
- [ ] 3/4 l boiling hot fish stock
- [ ] 100 g small cuttle fish cleaned
- [ ] 12 sea urchins opened and cleaned
- [ ] 1 teaspoon cuttle fish ink
- [ ] 50 g butter
- [ ] 50 g whipped cream
- [ ] extra virgin olive oil
Proposed by: Roberto e Silvio Galizzi
How to prepare:
Black and white risotto with sea urchins: heat the olive oil in a pan and gently fry the shallot. Add the rice and brown slightly. Pour over the wine and evaporate off. Continue cooking by adding the boiling hot fish stock a little at a time while stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon. Meanwhile remove the molluscs from the sea urchins and quickly fry the cuttle fish in a frying pan in olive oil.
When the risotto is cooked ‘al dente’, pour half into another saucepan.
Add the cuttle fish ink to one of the two risottos and stir well. Beat both risottos to a creamy consistency with the butter and whipped cream. Add the sea urchin molluscs to the white risotto.
Serve both risottos in the same dish garnished with a sea urchin filled with cuttle fish.