Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
What you need
- [ ] 340 g Riso Gallo Risotto rice
- [ ] 40 g butter
- [ ] 1 finely chopped medium onion
- [ ] 1 glass of dry white wine
- [ ] 1.2 l hot vegetable or chicken stock
- [ ] 100 g grated Parmesan
- [ ] 300 g finely chopped courgette
Proposed by: Riso Gallo Chefs
How to prepare:
Courgette Risotto: sauté one finely chopped medium onion and the courgette in 40 g of butter until softened. Add 340 g of Risotto rice and coat until translucent. Add one glass of dry white wine, and cook until evaporated. Add 1l hot chicken or vegetable stock and simmer, stirring occasionally.
After 14 about minutes the stock will have been absorbed, the rice will be cooked and creamy, yet retaining a desired bite in the centre. For less ‘al dente’ consistency add a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer until absorbed, continue in this way until the risotto has reached the desired consistency. Stir through grated Parmesan cheese and serve.