Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Creamy risotto with local ham and chopped pumpkin
What you need
- [ ] 280 g Riserva 1856 Carnaroli rice
- [ ] 80 g white onion finely chopped
- [ ] 1 litre boiling hot chicken stock
- [ ] 160 g local cured ham (8 very thin slices the rest cut into small pieces)
- [ ] 50 g beef bone marrow
- [ ] chopped
- [ ] 100 ml white wine
- [ ] 20 g pumpkin flesh cut into small cubes
- [ ] 50 g butter
- [ ] 60 g extra virgin olive oil
Proposed by: Jean Marc Delacourt
How to prepare:
Creamy risotto with local ham and chopped pumpkin: heat 40 g extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and add the chopped pumpkin.
Fry quickly over a high heat for 3 or 4 minutes without letting it brown too much. Set aside. Brown the bone marrow in a saucepan over a high heat. Add the onion and leave to cook for 5 minutes, then add the rice.
Stir well until it is coated and starts to brown nicely, stirring carefully. Pour over the white wine and let it evaporate off.
Continue cooking for 12 minutes, gradually adding the boiling hot stock.Beat to a creamy consistency adding the chopped pumpkin and pieces of ham. Finish off cooking the rice and adjust seasoning.
Arrange the slices of ham on the bottom of the plates, pour the rice over, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and ground pepper. Serve piping hot.