Rice and risotto dishes that taste as great as they make you feel.
Gluten Free Pasta and Pesto ‘alla Genovese’
What you need
- [ ] 500g gluten free organic fusilli pasta
- [ ] 150g new potatoes
- [ ] 75g trimmed green beans
- [ ] 60g fresh basil leaves
- [ ] 120ml olive oil
- [ ] 2 tb pine nuts
- [ ] 2 peeled and coarsely chopped garlic cloves
- [ ] 60g freshly grated parmesan reggiano cheese
- [ ] 2tb freshly grated pecorino cheese (optional)
- [ ] Sea salt
- [ ] little extra parmesan
Basil leaves to garnish
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
This classic pesto dish originates from Liguria. Just add slices of potatoes and green beans – just like they do in Genoa.
Cook the potatoes until just tender, then cool them slightly before peeling them.
Cook the green beans in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, remove and drain.
Cook the pasta in boiling water following the packet instructions until ‘al dente’. Drain the pasta, then return to the pot.
Meanwhile make the sauce, by placing the basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil in a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheeses, season to taste.
Slice the potatoes into thick slices add to the pasta pot along with the green beans.
Toss well together, season to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl, scatter over little extra parmesan, basil leaves and serve.