Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Pigeon and peppercorn risotto
What you need
- [ ] 340 g Riso Gallo 3 Grains
- [ ] 60 g butter
- [ ] 1 finely chopped medium onion
- [ ] 1 glass of dry white wine
- [ ] 1.2 l hot chicken or vegetables stock
- [ ] 100 g grated Parmesan
- [ ] 300 g lean pigeon meat cut into strips
- [ ] 1 tbsp. green peppercorns
- [ ] 1 crushed clove of garlic
- [ ] 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh thyme
How to prepare:
Pigeon and peppercorn risotto: sauté one finely chopped medium onion and the garlic in 40 g of butter until softened. Add the strips of pigeon and brown, add 340 g of 3 Grains and coat until translucent.
Add a full glass dry white wine, and cook until evaporated. Add one ladleful of hot stock, simmer and stir until absorbed. Continue adding stock in this way until the grains are cooked. Remove from the heat, stir through butter, peppercorns, thyme and grated Parmesan cheese and serve.