Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Risotto with Cannellini and Zolfini beans, and Sienese sausages with black truff
What you need
- [ ] 320 g Vialone Nano rice
- [ ] 700 ml light meat stock
- [ ] 50 g Zolfini beans soaked in water
- [ ] 50 g Cannellini beans soaked in water
- [ ] 2 small sticks celery
- [ ] 2 small carrots
- [ ] 2 cherry tomatoes
- [ ] 3 small onions
- [ ] 2 bay leaves
- [ ] 1 glass aromatic white wine
- [ ] 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- [ ] 50 g butter
- [ ] 50 g parmigiano-reggiano Parmesan grated
- [ ] 2 small Cinta Senese sausages (with black truffles if possible)
- [ ] 15 g black truffle finely chopped
- [ ] 1 tablespoon parsley finely chopped just before using
- [ ] black pepper
Proposed by: Raffaele and Massimiliano Alajmo
How to prepare:
Risotto with Cannellini and Zolfini beans, and Sienese sausages with black truff: cook the beans in water separately adding the celery, carrot, tomato, an onion, a drop of wine and a bay leaf to the cooking water.
Undercook slightly as they will continue to cook in the risotto. Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and gently fry the other onion after chopping it finely. Add the rice, stirring until it is well coated and starting to change colour. Pour the wine over, evaporate off and add 1/3 of the sausage meat broken up into small pieces and the beans.
Continue to cook by adding the boiling hot stock a little at a time, stirring continuously. When the risotto is ready, adjust salt and remove from the heat. Beat to a creamy consistency adding the butter, truffle, cheese, parsley and pepper.
Serve garnished with the remaining sausage crumbled into pieces and flash fried in the frying pan.