Roasted squash and goats cheese risotto with almond crumble
What you need
- [ ] 300g Riso Gallo Carnaroli Gran Riserva rice
- [ ] 1 stick cinnamon
- [ ] 1 ltr chicken stock
- [ ] 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- [ ] 75g butternut squash cut into large cubes
- [ ] 75 g unsalted butter
- [ ] 1 finely chopped small onion
- [ ] 100g goats cheese
- [ ] 6 finely shredded fresh sage leaves
- [ ] salt
- [ ] freshly ground pepper.
For the crumble
- [ ] 50g crushed Amaretti biscuits
- [ ] 25g melted unsalted butter
- [ ] 25g grated parmesan cheese.
Proposed by: Paul Gaylor
How to prepare:
Place the stock in a pan, add the cinnamon stick, simmer for 5 minutes over a low heat, then strain.
Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan, add the squash, fry until golden for about 5 minutes, then add the onions, cook for 2-3 minutes, add the rice, stir to coat and cook for one minute.
Slowly add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring continuously until the rice is cooked ‘al dente’, about 20 minutes in total.
Stir in the goats cheese, sage and gently fold in the butter, stir to a creamy consistency.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the crumble, mix the ingredients together in a bowl, season to taste.
Divide the risotto between 4 bowls, sprinkle over the crumble and serve.
More Rice Recipes