Explore a new world of flavours
Bring the authentic flavours of Thailand, Japa, Indian Punjab and the Camargue to your kitchen.
MONGOLIAN SEAFOOD “HOTPOT”
What you need
- [ ] 400g cleaned squid
- [ ] 400g fresh mussels
- [ ] 500g frozen defrosted and peeled prawns
- [ ] 3tbsp Sunflower oil
- [ ] 2 chopped shallots
- [ ] 1 crushed garlic clove
- [ ] ½ deseeded and finely chopped red chilli
- [ ] 2 sticks finely chopped lemongrass
- [ ] 1tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- [ ] 2tsp dried shrimp paste
- [ ] 1tbsp green curry paste
- [ ] 300ml prepared Chicken stock
- [ ] 400g cooked venere black rice
- [ ] 2tbsp fish sauce ( nam pla) optional
- [ ] 4 sliced spring onions
- [ ] 2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Heat a wok or large frying pan with the oil, when hot, add the shrimp paste and fry for 30 seconds.
Add the garlic, chilli, shallots, ginger and lemongrass, cook for 30 seconds.
Add the squid, quickly cook for one minute. Stir in the curry paste, cook for one minute. Add the stock, bring to the boil, add seafood and rice, cover with lid and cook for 2- minutes until the seafood is cooked.
Add the spring onions and chopped coriander, mix well.
Season to taste, transfer to a serving dish, garnish with the lemon wedges and serve.