Terms & Conditions
- This Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom who are aged 18 or over. So that we are completely fair, anyone professionally connected to Riso Gallo is not allowed to enter.
- You don’t have to buy anything to take part in this Promotion but you do need a valid Facebook and Twitter account and access to the internet.
- Promotion Period: You can enter between 13:00 BST on 8th December 2017 until 13:00 BST on 2nd January 2018.
- To Enter: Log on to your Facebook or Twitter account (or create one for free) and go to the Riso Gallo UK Facebook Page or Twitter page. To be entered into the prize draw, comment and share the post.
- You will need to continue to follow Riso Gallo after the end of the Promotion Period so that we can contact you if you are selected as a winner.
- Sorry, but you may only enter once, during the Promotion Period. A maximum of one prize can be won per person.
- The Prize: 1 winner will win a selection of Riso Gallo gluten free products.
- Winner Selection: 1 winner will be selected at random. The selection process will take place within 4 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Contacting the Winner: We’ll contact the winner via a direct message on Facebook or a message under their original entry on Facebook within 5 working days of the end of the draw. The winner must respond to us within 7 days otherwise the prize will be awarded to a reserve winner.
- If you are a winner, we’ll try and send you the prizes as soon as we can and within no more than 28 days from acceptance of the prize.
- Moderation: We can’t accept any entries which we think:
- Contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by us or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of Riso Gallo;
- Include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder’s prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
- Defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to Riso Gallo (including its partners); or
- Promotes any political agenda.
- We’re sorry but you can’t transfer a prize to someone else or exchange it for something else or a cash or other alternative.
- If, for reasons we can’t control, a prize is no longer available, we’ll offer you an alternative prize which we hope you’ll still love but which will definitely be of equal or greater value.
- Data Privacy: Your personal data will be not be shared with anyone outside Riso Gallo UK.
- We believe in fair play. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted and we will not accept cheating in any form including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking your identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than your own and any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the Promotion. If you’re found to be cheating you will be excluded.
- Whilst we’re running this Promotion on their platform, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to Riso Gallo and not to Facebook.
- Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with the Promotion or prize itself (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) Riso Gallo won’t be liable for this.
- If this Promotion can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of this promotion, we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We will also have the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- By entering you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
- If someone or something tampers with this Promotion in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of Yorkshire Provender or its agencies, Riso Gallo and its agencies will not be responsible for the promotion, prize or for the non-inclusion of entries. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- In the event of any dispute our decision is final.
- The winner will be required to participate in any reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion.
- If you are the winner of the Promotion, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this prize draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- If you want to know who has won just send an email to email@example.com, which will be available after the close of the promotion for 4 weeks.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Riso Gallo Launch Young Risotto Chef of the Year
Italian rice specialists Riso Gallo are launching Young Risotto Chef of the Year, for budding chefs aged 18 -25 years old.
The winner will receive an all expenses three day trip to Milan to cook with the chefs in the two starred Michelin restaurant Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia, featured in the Guida Gallo, an illustrious guide to the best Risotto restaurants and recipes in the world produced every three years by Riso Gallo.
The Guida Gallo is an illustrious guide to the best Risotto restaurants and recipes in the world produced every three years by Riso Gallo.
UK based restaurants included in the Guida Gallo include London restaurants Theo Randall (London Park Lane InterContinental), Union Street Café, Locanda Locatelli and Mosimann’s Club. Edinburgh based restaurants include Restaurant Martin Wishart and the G&V hotel. Jersey restaurants, Bohemia Bar & Restaurant and Tides Restaurant. Plus, Birmingham based Carter’s of Moseley and Taplow based Cliveden House.
Entrants are asked to send a recipe and image of their risotto plus why they believe winning will enhance their catering career. Entry closing date is 5th November 2017.
To enter: www.youngrisottochef.com
The top six entrants will enter a cook-off in London on 22nd January 2018 at Westminster College and will be judged on the day by renowned chefs Danilo Cortellini, former Professional MasterChef Finalist, Davide Degiovanni, Head Chef at Gordon Ramsay’s Union Street Café and Paul Gayler MBE, former Executive Chef at The Lanesborough and author. Joining the judging chefs will be Food Director at Woman & Home, Jane Curran and MD at Riso Gallo UK, Jason Morrison.
Here are some top tips for making your risotto from Danilo:
- Use a wooden spoon for stirring
- Use a hot stock
- Use a high quality risotto rice
- Don’t stir the rice constantly, shake the pan occasionally to loosen the grains
- Keep the heat under control and to a simmer
- True Italian risotto is served al dente
- Stir vigorously at the end combining the parmesan
For entries and Terms & Conditions visit www.youngrisottochef.com
NEW Wholemeal Pasta Range from Riso Gallo
Italian rice experts Riso Gallo have introduced a new wholemeal rice pasta to their range, made with brown rice, corn and buckwheat, providing a lighter alternative to wheat pasta.
This naturally gluten free variety will stay ‘al dente’ in a cooking time of 7-8 minutes, making it an ideal alternative for all the family, not just those following a coeliac diet. Plus each 80g portion will contain the Daily Recommended Intake of fibre, at 8%.
The new Riso Gallo Wholemeal Pasta comes in four varieties, Fusilli, Penne, Spaghetti and Tortiglioni in 250g packs, RRP £1.99.
Gallo Guide launched to celebrate 160 years of Riso Gallo
In honour of the brand’s 160th birthday, Riso Gallo is once again assuming the role of ambassador for risotto culture all over the world and, in celebration of this dish with over two centuries of history, has conceived a special edition of Guida Gallo, the historic publication from 1998 on this symbol of Italian haute cuisine.
Guida Gallo is a genuine bilingual story-journey which travels the road of rice, starting from Northern Italy and winding throughout the entire country, then crossing the borders to reach every continent of the world.
This diverse collection of delicious risottos created by the greatest chefs from Italy and abroad is now in its tenth edition, published for the first time by Gruppo Feltrinelli and edited for the occasion by the celebrated food and wine critic Allan Bay.
As the only specialist guide to risotto, it is an indispensable tool for anyone wishing to embark on a journey into one of Italy’s greatest culinary traditions, exported all over the world and a source of great national pride. This year, for the first time, the guide has been given a title that reflects the publication’s new editorial slant: I Risotti dei migliori Ristoranti del Mondo (Risottos from the World’s Top Restaurants). Indeed, it features 117 original recipes created by the best restaurants in Italy and abroad, showcasing 59 restaurants within Italy, including 20 new entries, and 58 from abroad, including 33 new entries, thus reinforcing the book’s nationwide and international quality. Each restaurant is accompanied by a description, a note on the chef who created the recipe exclusively for the guide, and helpful hints, all interspersed with mouth-watering images of the risottos.
And, for those who love technology and good food which is always within easy reach, there is also the option of downloading the app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
The Italian Ministry of Economic Development has selected Riso Gallo as one of the companies playing an outstanding role in the country’s productive and economic system, issuing a commemorative postage stamp in honour of its 160th birthday. Riso Gallo’s history dates as far back as 1856 and now, 160 years later, it is a market leader, a major player in the international rice industry and among Europe’s largest rice producers, rising to the challenges of an increasingly sustainable future.
The stamp was printed by the Italian State Institute of Printing and Minting. Part of a series featuring outstanding companies in Italy’s productive and economic system, the self-adhesive stamp was issued in 80,000 copies, in sheets of 28.
The design, by Anna Maria Maresca, depicts, in the background, the old logo next to the modern one and, in the foreground, a detail of the Ligurian factory of 1856 on the left with a bowl of the product and an ear of rice to its right.