Rice and risotto dishes that taste as great as they make you feel.
3 Grains and Spinach Salad with Prosciutto, Charred Nectarines & Mozzarella
What do you need
- [ ] 300g Riso Gallo 3 grains (cooked as per packet instructions)
- [ ] 100g baby spinach
- [ ] 4tb olive oil
- [ ] 2 ripe but firm nectarines with stones removed and cut into wedges
- [ ] 12 slices prosciutto (Parma ham)
- [ ] 1 packet good quality mozzarella
- [ ] 100g halved cherry tomatoes
- [ ] 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- [ ] 1 small baguette loaf
For the dressing
- [ ] 3tb balsamic vinegar
- [ ] ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- [ ] 6tb olive oil
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Cook the 3 grains as per the packet instructions.
Meanwhile prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl, season to taste.
When grains are cooked, drain them in a colander and add the dressing, allow to cool.
Heat a pan grill, when hot brush the nectarine wedges with little olive oil, then place on the grill to lightly char, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Add the baguette slices to the grill and lightly toast on both sides.
To build the salad, add the spinach leaves to the dressing along with the toasted baguette, tomatoes and red onion, and lightly toss together.
Arrange on a plate or salad bowl, layer the prosciutto, nectarines and mozzarella on top with an eye for colour, then serve.
More rice recipes.