Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Asparagus and Broad Bean Risotto with Mascarpone, Lemon and Mint
What do you need
- [ ] 160 g Gran Gallo Arborio rice
- [ ]
- [ ] 10 g butter
- [ ] 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- [ ] 160 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- [ ] 20 g parmigiano-reggiano Parmesan
- [ ] grated
- [ ] 2 tbsp. mascarpone cheese
- [ ] 16 cooked asparagus spears
- [ ] 100 gr cooked broad beans
- [ ] 1 tbsp. chopped mint
- [ ] zest of 1 lemon grated
- [ ] 30 ml Champagne
- [ ] salt and freshly ground pepper
Proposed by: Anton Mosimann
How to prepare:
Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add the shallots and sweat to soften without colour.
Add the rice and stir constantly until well coated and translucent.
Add the stock, stirring gently. Cook the risotto for 10 minutes. Spread the rice onto a clean tray and allow to cool. Reserve.
Add the following separately stirring: the stock, the parmesan, the mascarpone, the asparagus (cut into diagonal slices) the broad beans, the mint, the lemon.
Keep stirring, and last of all, the Champagne. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary and serve immediately.
(Note: the peas can be used instead of broad beans).