Rice and risotto dishes that taste as great as they make you feel.
Baby spinach, date, feta and black rice salad
What do you need
- [ ] 75g chopped walnuts lightly toasted
- [ ] 200g baby spinach leaves well washed
- [ ] 1 medium red onion peeled thinly sliced
- [ ] 120g good quality ready to eat dates
- [ ] 75g feta cheese
- [ ] 150g VENERE RICE
- [ ] 1 small red chilli
- [ ] deseeded
- [ ] finely chopped
For the mint-cumin dressing
- [ ] 3tb white wine vinegar
- [ ] 6tb olive oil
- [ ] 1tb fresh lemon juice
- [ ] Handful of roughly torn mint leaves
- [ ] Sea salt
- [ ] good pinch of ground cumin
Proposed by: Paul Gaylor
How to prepare:
Place the venere rice in a small pan, add 350ml water and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat to a simmer, cook for 25-30 minutes until just tender.
Drain in a colander and allow to cool.
To make the dressing…
Place all the ingredients, except the mint leaves, in a bowl, whisk together, add the torn mint leaves, season to taste season to taste.
To prepare the salad, place the spinach leaves in a bowl, add the dates, cooked black rice, chilli, red onions and walnuts and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Add enough dressing and toss gently together.
Dress in a salad bowl, then grate the feta over the salad liberally then serve.