Rice and risotto dishes that taste as great as they make you feel.
BAKED BUTTERNUT SQUASH, MOZZARELLA & 3 GRAIN PARMIGIANA
What do you need
- [ ] 3tb olive oil
- [ ] 1 chopped onion
- [ ] 2 crushed garlic cloves
- [ ] 450g butternut squash peeled and cut into wedges then thinly sliced 5cm thick
- [ ] 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- [ ] 1 jar Tomato pasta sauce
- [ ] 2tsp dried oregano
- [ ] 20 fresh basil leaves coarsely chopped
- [ ] 300g cooked Riso 3 grains
- [ ] 2 x 125g buffalo mozzarella thickly sliced
- [ ] 2tb finely grated parmesan cheese
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Preheat oven to 180C, then heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic, and oregano. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until onions have softened, but with no colour. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and basil leaves, increase the heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 5-8 minutes.
Lightly grease a 23cm x 23cm ovenproof baking dish, spoon in half the tomato mix. Season the cooked 3 grains (cooked according to the pack instructions) and mix with the remaining olive oil, then spoon over the grains to cover the tomato sauce. Top the grains with the other half of the tomato sauce. Now carefully lay overlapping slices of the butternut squash to cover the top of the dish.
Arrange the mozzarella slices on top of the butternut squash, sprinkle over the parmesan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is cooked through and the top is golden and bubbling.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.