Explore a new world of flavours
Bring the authentic flavours of Thailand, Japa, Indian Punjab and the Camargue to your kitchen.
BLACK RICE TABOULEH WITH VEGETABLES
What do you need
- [ ] 350g Venere black rice
- [ ] juice and zest of 2 lemons
- [ ] 2 small aubergines thickly sliced
- [ ] 2 large courgettes thickly sliced
- [ ] 1 red pepper deseeded and cut into large cubes
- [ ] 1 head fennel peeled and cut into 2cm thick slices
- [ ] 2tb olive oil
- [ ] 12 mint leaves coarsely chopped
- [ ] 2tb coarsely chopped parsley
- [ ] 2tb capers rinsed and dried
- [ ] 50g pine nuts toasted
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Cook the black rice in plenty of boiling water for 18 minutes until cooked, then drain in a colander to drain well, transfer to a bowl to cool. Add the lemon juice and zest, capers, herbs, and pine nuts, mix well, season to taste.
Preheat a pan grill on the heat. Liberally brush the aubergines, courgettes, peppers and fennel with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place the vegetables on the extremely hot grill plate and grill until cooked and lightly charred all over (you may need to do this in batches).
When the grilled vegetables are ready, transfer them to the rice tabbouleh and serve immediately.