Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
What you need
- [ ] 340 g Riso Gallo Carnaroli Risotto rice
- [ ] 40 g butter
- [ ] 1 finely chopped medium onion
- [ ] 1 small celery stick and 1 small carrot finely chopped
- [ ] 1 glass of dry white wine
- [ ] 1
- [ ] 2 l hot vegetable or chicken stock
- [ ] 100 g grated Parmesan
- [ ] 2 diced chicken breasts
- [ ] chopped parsley
How to prepare:
Sauté one finely chopped medium onion, celery and carrot in 40 g of butter until softened.
Add the diced chicken and saute’ for a few minutes more.
Then add 340 g of Risotto rice and coat until translucent.
Add one glass of dry white wine, and cook until evaporated.
Add 1 l hot chicken or vegetable stock and simmer, stirring occasionally.
After 14 minutes the stock will have been absorbed, the risotto will be cooked, yet retaining a desired bite in the centre.
For less ‘al dente’ consistency add a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer until absorbed.
continue in this way until the rice has reached the desired consistency.
Stir through grated Parmesan cheese and the chopped parsley and serve.