Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO, BASIL & SWEET PEPPER RISOTTO
What do you need
- [ ] 1 small onion diced
- [ ] 2 cloves of Garlic chopped fine
- [ ] 250g Riso Gallo Arborio Rice
- [ ] 5-6 Sugarbelle Tomatoes Halved
- [ ] 200g chopped tinned tomatoes
- [ ] 1 heap Tbsp of Vegan cream cheese
- [ ] 1 Glass of white wine (vegan)
- [ ] 2-3 Tbsp of Burren balsamic blackberry and thyme
- [ ] 3 small mixed sweet peppers
- [ ] 500ml of vegan vegetable stock (knorr)
- [ ] 4-5 basil leaves chopped
- [ ] 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
Proposed by: Gary Guiney
How to prepare:
Place your halved sugarbelle tomatoes on baking parchment and drizzle over your balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of salt. Place in oven and cook @180 for 10-12 mins.
Fry your onion and garlic in your olive oil on a low heat for 4-5 mins until soft, then add your rice and cook rice until it becomes translucent.
Add in your white wine and stir the rice until the liquid has evaporated. Once it has, add a ladle of your vegetable stock and keep stirring. Once the stock has evaporated add another ladle and do this for 18-20 minutes. At about the 15 minute mark add in the chopped tomatoes and basil.
Finish the risotto with the Cream cheese and roasted sugarbelle tomatoes.