Rice and risotto dishes that taste as great as they make you feel.
Ginger Black Rice with Kale, Fried Egg and Spring Onions
What do you need
- [ ] 3cm piece fresh root ginger - peeled and cut into thin strips
- [ ] 250g curly kale finely shredded
- [ ] 300g cooked Italian Venere black rice
- [ ] 75ml Asian sweet chilli sauce
- [ ] 2 large spring onions - coarsely shredded diagonally
- [ ] 30g fresh coriander coarsely chopped
- [ ] 4tb vegetable oil
- [ ] 4 eggs
- [ ] 50ml soy sauce
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Heat a wok or large, non-stick frying pan on the heat. When hot, add half the oil, the ginger and shredded kale, and stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes until it begins to soften.
Add the cooked black rice, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Stir together to heat through.
Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the eggs until cooked.
Transfer the rice to 4 serving bowls and top each with a fried egg.
Finally scatter over the spring onions and coriander and serve.