Explore a new world of flavours
Bring the authentic flavours of Thailand, Japa, Indian Punjab and the Camargue to your kitchen.
GRILLED BUTTERNUT SQUASH & RED FRUIT SALAD WITH HALOUMI
What do you need
- [ ] 4 large firm ripe Tomatoes cut in 2cm cubes
- [ ] 200g wedge watermelon (skin removed & cut in 2cm cubes)
- [ ] 100g ripe firm strawberries (hulled &cut in half)
- [ ] ½ medium red onion thinly sliced
- [ ] 50g rocket salad coarsely chopped
- [ ] 50g fresh coriander coarsely chopped
- [ ] 50g fresh basil coarsely chopped
- [ ] 50g pumpkin seeds toasted
- [ ] 300g GALLO red rice
- [ ] 400g butternut squash (peeled & cut into thick wedges)
- [ ] 250g block Haloumi cheese cut in 2cm wedges.
For the dressing
- [ ] 75ml olive oil
- [ ] juice of a lemon
- [ ] 1 garlic clove crushed
- [ ] 1tsp Dijon mustard
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Cook the red rice for 22 minutes, then drain in a sieve or colander, allow to go cold.
In a bowl, place the tomatoes, watermelon, strawberries, onion, herbs, rocket and pumpkin seeds.
For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, pour half over the tomato mix, the remaining over the cooked red rice, season to taste.
Heat a grill or pan grill, when hot, brush the squash wedges and haloumi with little oil and place on the grill, cook until tender, golden, and lightly charred.
Divide the dressed red rice between 4 serving dishes, top with the tomato and watermelon salad.
Finally arrange the grilled Haloumi cheese and squash on top and serve .