Rice and risotto dishes that taste as great as they make you feel.
Mediterranean Inspired 3 Grain Tuna Salad
What do you need
- [ ] 225g good quality canned tuna in oil
- [ ] 150g 3 grain mix
- [ ] 300g cherry tomatoes - halved
- [ ] 150g French beans
- [ ] 30g small capers - drained and rinsed
- [ ] 1 red onion thinly sliced
- [ ] 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- [ ] 1 tsp French or English mustard
- [ ] 2 tb balsamic vinegar
- [ ] 6tb olive oil
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Cook the 3 grain mix in boiling water following the cooking instructions on the packet. Drain in a colander and allow to cool.
Cook the French beans in boiling water for 3 – 4 minutes, then refresh in cold water and drain well.
For the dressing, whisk the mustard, balsamic vinegar and oil together in a bowl, and season to taste.
Drain the tuna from the tin adding the oil from it to the balsamic dressing, then flake the tuna into large pieces.
In a bowl place the cooked grains, tuna, tomatoes, French beans, capers and red onion.
Pour over the prepared dressing and toss gently together, season to taste.
Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with the lemon wedges if using.