Explore a new world of flavours
Bring the authentic flavours of Thailand, Japa, Indian Punjab and the Camargue to your kitchen.
PRAWN & CHORIZO RED RICE JAMBALAY
What you need
- [ ] 200g cooked medium size prawns
- [ ] 150g cooking chorizo
- [ ] cut into thick chunks
- [ ] 350g Gallo Italian Red Rice
- [ ] 2 large mixed peppers halved and deseeded and cut into 1.5cm chunks
- [ ] 75ml bottled piri Piri sauce or similar hot sauce
- [ ] 2 garlic cloves crushed
- [ ] 2 tb olive oil
- [ ] 1tsp dried oregano
1 chicken stock cube (prepared into 200ml chicken stock)
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Boil the red rice until cooked following the instructions on the packet, then remove and drain in a colander.
Meanwhile heat a large non-stick frying pan, add the olive oil, garlic and yellow pepper and cook until the pepper begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
add the chorizo chunks and cook until golden, about another 5 minutes.
Add the cooked rice, the prepared stock the oregano and the Piri piri sauce, mix well to combine, season to taste.
Finally add the cooked prawns, heat through for a final 2 minutes.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve.