Explore a new world of flavours
Bring the authentic flavours of Thailand, Japa, Indian Punjab and the Camargue to your kitchen.
PRAWN & CHORIZO RED RICE JAMBALAYA
What do you need
- [ ] 200g cooked medium size prawns
- [ ] 150g cooking chorizo cut into thick chunks
- [ ] 350g Gallo Italian Red Rice
- [ ] 2 large mixed peppers halved and deseeded - cut into 1.5cm chunks
- [ ] 75ml bottle Piri Piri sauce (or similar hot sauce)
- [ ] 2 garlic cloves crushed
- [ ] 2 tb olive oil
- [ ] 1tsp dried oregano
- [ ] 1 chicken stock cube (prepared into 200ml chicken stock)
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Boil the red rice until cooked following the instructions on the packet, then remove and drain in a colander.
Meanwhile heat a large non-stick frying pan, add the olive oil, garlic and yellow pepper and cook until the pepper begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the chorizo chunks and cook until golden, about another 5 minutes.
Add the cooked rice, the prepared stock, the oregano and the Piri Piri sauce. Mix well to combine, and season to taste.
Finally add the cooked prawns and heat through for a final 2 minutes.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve.