Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Pumpkin and San Daniele ham Risotto
What you need
- [ ] 200 g Riserva 1856 Carnaroli Risotto rice
- [ ] 20 g extravirgin olive oil
- [ ] 20 g chopped shallot
- [ ] 175 g chopped pumpkin
- [ ] 7 dl hot vegetable stock
- [ ] 1 glass white wine or Champagne Brut
- [ ] 4 thick slices of San Daniele ham
- [ ] 40 g grated Parmesan
- [ ] salt and pepper
Proposed by: Anton Mosimann
How to prepare:
To make pumpkin and San Daniele ham risotto: Boil the chopped pumpkin for 8 minutes. Sauté the chopped shallot in a heavy bottomed saucepan in oil until softened. Add the rice and fry well until transparent. Add a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer. As the stock is absorbed add more when necessary. Add the chopped pumpkin and continue in this way for 16 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the wine, Parmesan and a knob of butter. Season to taste. Serve the risotto and top with the chopped San Daniele ham.