Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Rice creamed with olive oil served with turbot fins and a salad of young leaves
What you need
- [ ] 350 g Riserva 1856 Carnaroli rice
- [ ] 100 g parmigiano-reggiano Parmesan
- [ ] grated
- [ ] 1 white onion
- [ ] finely chopped
- [ ] 1 glass aromatic white wine
- [ ] 500 ml light meat stock
- [ ] 1 lemon150 g turbot fins
- [ ] cleaned
- [ ] 6 purple artichokes
- [ ] cleaned
- [ ] cut into thin strips and placed in water with lemon juice added
- [ ] 1 tbsp. capers
- [ ] washed to remove salt and finely chopped with a little fresh majoram
- [ ] extra virgin olive oil
- [ ] white pepper
- [ ] freshly ground
Proposed by: Valentino Marcattilii
How to prepare:
Rice creamed with olive oil served with turbot fins and a salad of young leaves: soften the onion in a heavy-based, high-sided pan.
Add the rice, stirring for about a minute over a gentle heat until it is well-coated and starting to change colour. Pour in the wine and evaporate off while continuing to stir, then add the boiling hot stock a little at a time.
Heat a little oil to a high heat in a saucepan and quickly fry the turbot fins and half the artichokes for a few minutes.When the risotto is cooked ‘al dente’, beat to a creamy consistency with the parmigiano-reggiano Parmesan, a drizzle of oil, the turbot mixture and, if necessary, a little stock (the risotto should be fairly creamy).
Prepare a salad with the baby salad leaves and remaining artichokes. Season with a dressing of lemon juice, finely chopped capers and a pinch of parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
Arrange the salad on top of the rice and drizzle with cold oil and a little grated lemon rind.