Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Risotto with scallops, pumpkin flowers and fresh oregano
What do you need
- [ ] 250 g Riserva 1856 Carnaroli rice
- [ ] 20 scallops
- [ ] 12 pumpkin flowers
- [ ] green parts trimmed away
- [ ] 4 ripe tomatoes skinned deseeded and cut into quarters
- [ ] 50 blanched green beans
- [ ] 4/5 mint leaves
- [ ] cut into filangèes
- [ ] 2 small handfuls fresh oregano
- [ ] 3 small shallots
- [ ] finely chopped
- [ ] 100 g extra virgin olive oil
- [ ] 1 bay leaf
- [ ] 1 good litre fish stock
- [ ] 50 g parmigiano-reggiano Parmesan grated
Proposed by: Gianluca Leoni
How to prepare:
Risotto with scallops, pumpkin flowers and fresh oregano: prepare the tomatoes by seasoning and placing in the oven at 150°C for 25 minutes. Heat a little oil in a heavy-based pan and fry the shallot and bay leaf until golden, then add the rice, stirring until it is well coated and beginnning to change colour.
Continue to cook by adding the boiling hot fish stock a little at a time. Meanwhile flash fry the scallops in a tiny amount of oil, until they are golden in colour. Cut the green beans and pumpkin flowers into thin strips. When the rice is cooked ‘al dente’, add the parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
Continue cooking, adding the pumpkin flowers and green beans. Adjust seasoning and beat to a creamy consistency with a drizzle of oil, adding the oregano.
Arrange the rice on the plates and decorate with the hot baked tomatoes, mint and scallops.