Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Risotto with sun dried tomato, Jerusalem artichoke and pumpkin
What do you need
- [ ] 320 g Gran Gallo Arborio Risotto rice
- [ ] 200 g chopped pieces of peeled pumpkin
- [ ] 200 g thinly sliced Jerusalem artichoke
- [ ] 50 g thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes
- [ ] 20 small cherry tomatoes
- [ ] 1 glass of dry white wine
- [ ] 50 g butter
- [ ] 100 g grated Parmesan
- [ ] 10 g parsley
- [ ] 30 g fresh basil
- [ ] extravirgin olive oil
- [ ] 1 l hot vegetable or chicken stock
Proposed by: Angelo Angiulli
How to prepare:
Risotto with sun dried tomato, Jerusalem artichoke and pumpkin: pour the cherry tomatoes into boiling water for just 30 seconds, drain, skin and leave to one side. Cook the pumpkin and Jerusalem artichoke separately in a pan with two tbs. of extravirgin olive oil until softened.
Add the rice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, then add the glass of wine and simmer until it evaporates. Add a ladleful of the boiling stock and stir. As the stock is absorbed add more stock where necessary. After 10 minutes add half part of pumpkin, a small part of Jerusalem artichoke and all sun dried tomatoes. Keep on cooking for a further 6 minutes.
Remove the rice from heat, add the rest of the pumpkin, Jerusalem artichoke and Parmesan and stir. Garnish the rice with basil and cherry tomatoes.