Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
What do you need
- [ ] 340 g Riso Gallo Risotto rice
- [ ] 40 g butter
- [ ] 1 finely chopped medium onion
- [ ] 1 glass of dry white wine
- [ ] 1.2 l hot vegetable or chicken stock
- [ ] 100 g grated Parmesan
- [ ] a generous pinch of saffron
How to prepare:
Risotto Milanese: sauté one finely chopped medium onion in 40 g of butter until softened. Add 340 g of Risotto rice and coat until translucent. Add one glass of dry white wine, and cook until evaporated. Add 1 l hot chicken or vegetable stock and simmer, stirring occasionally.
After 14 minutes the stock will have been absorbed, the risotto will be cooked and creamy, yet retaining a desired bite in the centre. For less ‘al dente’ consistency add a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer until absorbed, continue in this way until the rice has reached the desired consistency.
Stir through the generous pinch of saffron, the grated Parmesan cheese and serve your “risotto alla milanese”.