Rice and risotto dishes that taste as great as they make you feel.
SAUSAGE & 3 GRAINS, CANNELLINI BEANS AL FORNO
What do you need
- [ ] 300g Riso 3 grains
- [ ] 2tb olive oil
- [ ] 8-12 thick meaty pork sausages (or Italian style sausages)
- [ ] 2 onions chopped
- [ ] 2 garlic cloves crushed
- [ ] 2 carrots peeled and thickly sliced
- [ ] 1tsp fresh picked thyme (or ½ tsp dried)
- [ ] 400g canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- [ ] 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- [ ] 1tb tomato puree
- [ ] 2tsp Dijon mustard
- [ ] 500ml prepared chicken stock
- [ ] 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- [ ] 2tb chopped parsley
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Preheat oven to 200C. Heat the oil in a large heavy oven proof casserole dish, add the sausages and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until golden, turning them occasionally. Add the onions, half the garlic, carrots, and thyme, cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, drained cannellini beans, and mix well. Add the stock and bring to the boil, scatter over the 3 grains, cover casserole dish with a lid, place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile mix the breadcrumbs, remaining garlic, mustard, and parsley in a bowl.
Remove casserole from the oven, carefully remove lid, sprinkle the breadcrumb mix evenly over the top of the sausages and return to the oven for 5-8 minutes until the crumbs become golden and bubbling (alternatively you can place the dish under a hot grill).
Serve direct from the oven.