Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
What you need
- [ ] 340 g Riso Gallo Risotto rice
- [ ] 40 g butter
- [ ] 1 finely chopped medium onion
- [ ] 1 glass of dry white wine
- [ ] 1.2 l hot vegetable or chicken stock
- [ ] 100 g grated Parmesan
- [ ] 300 g finely chopped asparagus
How to prepare:
Asparagus risotto: sauté one finely chopped medium onion and the chopped asparagus stalks in 40 g of butter until softened. Add 340 g of Risotto rice and coat until translucent. Add one glass of dry white wine, and cook until evaporated.
Add 1 l hot chicken or vegetable stock and simmer, stirring occasionally. After 14 minutes the stock will have been absorbed, the rice will be cooked and creamy, yet retaining a desired bite in the centre. 2 minutes before the rice is cooked add the asparagus tips.
For less ‘al dente’ consistency add a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer until absorbed, continue in this way until the rice has reached the desired consistency. Stir through grated Parmesan cheese and serve.