Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Risotto with Sanremo crayfish and sautèed chanterelles and bilberries
What you need
- [ ] 300 g Riserva 1856 Carnaroli rice
- [ ] 10 Sanremo crayfish shelled and cleaned
- [ ] 150 g chanterelle mushrooms cleaned and washed
- [ ] 2 tablespoons bilberries
- [ ] 1 shallot finely chopped
- [ ] 50 g butter
- [ ] 1 tablespoon parmigiano-reggiano Parmesan
- [ ] 1 tablespoon parsley finely chopped
- [ ] 500 ml mild fish stock made from the shells and heads of the crayfish
How to prepare:
Risotto with Sanremo crayfish and sautèed chanterelles and bilberries: soften the shallot in the butter until it is golden. Add one tablespoon bilberries and the crayfish meat cut into pieces and half the chanterelles. Add the rice and stir until it is well coated and starts to colour slightly. Continue cooking by gradually adding the boiling fish stock.
Meanwhile, sautèe the chanterelles in the remaining oil, adding half the parsley when they are cooked. When the risotto is almost ready, add the rest of the bilberries. Beat the risotto to a creamy consistency with the Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Pour the risotto into dishes and decorate with chanterelles and a crayfish head in the centre of each serving.