BAKED TOMATOES WITH LEBANESE DIRTY RICE AND FETA CHEESE
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 4 beef steak tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g Rustico Wholegrain Black Rice
- 1 x 150g pack cooked lentils
- 20g fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 50g Greek feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
Store staple ingredients:
- 3tb olive oil
- 1tb ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 vegetable stock cube (made into 600ml prepared stock)
How to prepare:
Preheat oven to 180c.
Cut 1.5 cm of the top of each beef steak tomato, and using a large spoon, carefully scoop out the centre core and seeds, then discard.
Rub the inside of each tomato liberally all over with 2tb olive oil, place on an oven baking dish, season with salt and pepper, place to one side.
Meanwhile in a pan heat the remaining oil, add the onion, and cook over gentle heat until they begin to soften.
Add the cumin and coriander, cook together for one minute.
Add the cooked black rice, mix well, then pour over the stock, bring to a simmer, and cook for 12 minutes.