CHICKEN LIVER AND WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 350g Riso Gallo Traditional Risotto Rice
- 4 tb olive oil
- 60g unsalted butter
- 125g assorted fresh wild mushrooms (or 50g dried and soaked for one hour then drained and dried)
- 1 chopped shallot or onion
- 1.75 litres prepared white chicken stock
- 50g freshly grated parmesan reggiano
- 250g fresh trimmed chicken livers
- 250g madeira or marsala wine
- 250ml reduced brown veal stock
- Sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
How to prepare:
Heat half the oil and 30g of the butter in a heavy based pan. Add the shallots and wild mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the rice, stir for one minute, until the grains are coated in the fat.
Start adding the hot stock a ladle at a time, waiting for each ladle to be absorbed before adding another. Continue adding the stock in this manner until the rice is just cooked ‘al dente’, then remove from the heat. Stir in the remaining butter, and Parmesan, then season to taste.
Heat a frying pan until very hot with the remaining oil, season the livers and add to the pan. Fry for one minute until golden. Drain off any excess fat from the pan, add the madeira and veal stock.
Dress the dish and serve immediately.