GRILLED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND RED FRUIT SALAD WITH HALOUMI
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 300g Riso Gallo Rustico Red Rice
- 4 large firm ripe Tomatoes, cut in 2cm cubes
- 200g wedge watermelon, skin removed, cut in 2cm cubes
- 100g ripe firm strawberries, hulled, cut in half
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 50g rocket salad, coarsely chopped
- 50g fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 50g fresh basil coarsely chopped
- 50g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 400g butternut squash, peeled, cut into thick wedges.
- 250g block Haloumi cheese, cut in 2cm wedges
For the dressing:
- 75ml olive oil
- juice of a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
How to prepare:
Cook the red rice for 22 minutes, then drain in a sieve or colander, allow to go cold.
In a bowl, place the tomatoes, watermelon, strawberries, onion, herbs, rocket and pumpkin seeds.
For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, pour half over the tomatoes mix , the remaining over the cooked red rice, season to taste.
Heat a grill or pan grill, when hot brush the squash wedges and haloumi with little oil and place on the grill, cook until tender, golden, and lightly charred.
Divide the dressed red rice between 4 serving dishes, top with the tomato and watermelon salad.
Finally arrange the grilled Haloumi cheese and squash on top and serve.