JAMBALAYA BLACK RICE STIR FRY
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 450g Riso Gallo cooked Rustico Black Wholegrain Rice (as per packet instructions)
- 2 tb sunflower oil
- 250g cooking chorizo, skin removed, cut into 2cm thick slices
- 350g good quality raw peeled prawns
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 green pepper, deseeded, cut into thick strips
- 2 sticks celery, peeled , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tb hot chilli sauce
- 1tsp fresh picked thyme leaves
- 1tsp dried oregano
- salt, pepper, little cayenne pepper
How to prepare:
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
Add the chorizo slices and prawns, fry for 2-3 minutes until golden.
Add the paprika, peppers, celery, garlic and cook together for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until very lightly browned.
Add the cooked black rice, mix well.
Stir in the hot chilli sauce, herbs, cook for a final 2 minutes.
Season rice with salt, pepper, and little cayenne to taste.