MUSHROOM, MISO, FENNEL AND PEA RISOTTO
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 150g Riso Gallo Arborio Rice
- 500ml (Essential Cuisine) mushroom stock
- 50ml olive oil
- Small glass dry white wine
- 20g (Essential Cuisine) Miso base
- 1 small white onion
- Half bulb fennel
- 100g frozen petit pois
- 200g chestnut Mushrooms
- 25g butter
- 25g Grana Padano
Mis En Place
- Add the miso to the mushroom stock and bring to a gentle simmer
- Finely dice the onion and fennel
- (Reserve any fennel fronds for garnish and add any peel and trim to the stock)
- Finely slice the mushrooms and reserve some for garnish
How to prepare:
Toast the rice in a dry pan on a medium heat till warmed through and the rice begins to “click” off the sides of the pan. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Sweat the onion and fennel in the oil on a medium heat till soft, translucent and beginning to colour.
Add the rice and stir well to coat in the onion mix.
Add the wine and continue stirring till the liquid is fully absorbed.
Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook till soft.
Begin to add the stock a ladle at a time, stirring continuously to help the grains release their starch.
After 12 minutes cooking add the peas to the risotto.
After an additional 3 minutes of cooking the rice should be consistently al dente and the stock finished.
Allow the risotto to rest off the heat for two minutes then stir in the grated cheese and butter.
Spoon the rice into bowls and garnish with the reserved mushrooms and fennel fronds.