PEAR AND CELERY RISOTTO WITH DUCK’S LIVER TERRINE
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 350 g Riso Gallo Carnaroli Risotto rice
- 500 ml boiling hot chicken stock 100 ml white wine
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 Williams pears, peeled and cut into cubes
- 60 g celery, cut into cubes
- 20 g parmigiano-reggiano Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 4 slices duck’s liver terrine
How to prepare:
To make the terrine: use at least 500 g of duck’s livers which should be trimmed of all nerve endings. Season with a little salt, a pinch sugar, a pinch pepper, the point of a knife of saltpetre and a teaspoon of pear spirit.
Mix all the ingredients together and use to fill a terrine dish. Place the dish in a roasting tin filled with water and cook in the oven for 1 hour. Leave to cool.
To make the Pear and celery risotto with duck’s liver terrine: heat a little extra virgin olive oil in a pan and fry the onion until it is golden.
Add the rice, stir until it is well-coated and cook until it starts to brown. Pour in the wine and evaporate off. Add the stock a little at a time, stirring all the time. When the risotto is almost ready, add the celery and pear. Remove from the heat and beat to a creamy consistency with the cream and cheese.
Serve the risotto in dishes garnished with a slice of terrine and a small celery.