PRAWN AND CHORIZO RED RICE JAMBALAYA
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 350g Riso Gallo Rustico Red Rice
- 200g cooked medium size prawns
- 150g cooking chorizo, cut into thick chunks
- 2 large mixed peppers (yellow & red), halved, deseeded, cut into 1.5cm chunks
- 75ml bottled piri Piri sauce (or similar hot sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Staple store ingredients:
- 2 tb olive oil
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 chicken stock cube (prepared into 200ml chicken stock)
How to prepare:
Boil the red rice until cooked following the instructions on the packet, then remove and drain in a colander.
Meanwhile heat a large non-stick frying pan, add the olive oil, garlic and yellow pepper and cook until the pepper begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the chorizo chunks and cook until golden, about another 5 minutes.
Add the cooked rice, the prepared stock the oregano and the Piri piri sauce, mix well to combine, season to taste.
Finally add the cooked prawns, heat through for a final 2 minutes.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve.