Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Grilled red mullet with pea risotto and dried tomatoes
What do you need
- [ ] 200 g Gran Gallo Arborio rice
- [ ] 4 red mullet 180 g each
- [ ] ½ white onion chopped
- [ ] 150 ml dry white wine
- [ ] 500 ml white chicken stock
- [ ] 100 g cooked fresh peas
- [ ] 25 g freshly parmigiano-reggiano Parmesan grated
- [ ] 12 dry tomatoes diced
- [ ] 2 springs tarragon
- [ ] 40 g mascarpone cream
- [ ] butter
- [ ] olive oil
- [ ] salt
- [ ] pepper
- [ ] aged balsamic vinegar
Proposed by: Michel A. Roux
How to prepare:
Grilled red mullet with pea risotto and dried tomatoes: rinse and filet the red mullet. Sweat the onion in a little butter without letting it colour, when tender add the rice and cook for a few minutes stirring continuously. Pour on the wine and cook until fully absorbed then start adding the hot chicken stock a ladle at a time, stirring occasionally.
The risotto should be rich and creamy yet the grains of rice should still have a slight bite. To finish the risotto stir in the fresh peas grated Parmesan and cream season with salt and pepper. Warm the tomatoes in a little olive oil add the tarragon and balsamic vinegar.
Season the red mullet and brush with olive oil, grill until cooked and the skin bubbles.
Serve the risotto on hot plates with the tomatoes around the outside. Place the cooked red mullet on top and serve immediately.