Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
What do you need
- [ ] 340 g Riso Gallo Risotto rice
- [ ] 40 g butter
- [ ] 1 finely chopped medium onion
- [ ] 2 glass of dry white wine
- [ ] 1.2 l hot vegetable or chicken stock
- [ ] 100 g grated Parmesan
- [ ] 250 g of cleaned shelled prawns
How to prepare:
Prawn risotto: sauté one finely chopped medium onion in 40 g of butter until softened. Add 340 g of Risotto rice and coat until translucent. Add one glass of dry white wine, and cook until evaporated. Add 1 l hot chicken or vegetable stock and simmer, stirring occasionally.
After 14 minutes the stock will have been absorbed, the rice will be cooked and creamy, yet retaining a desired bite in the centre. For less ‘al dente’ consistency add a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer until absorbed, continue in this way until the rice has reached the desired consistency.
2 minutes before the rice is cooked add the prawns and the remaining glass of white wine. Stir through grated Parmesan cheese and serve your prawn risotto.