RED RICE WARM SALAD WITH BBQ RADICCHIO AND HONEY GLAZED RADISHES
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 700g of Riso Gallo Rosso (red) 2 Minute Base (2 minutes in a pan or microwave)
- 4 long red radicchios
- 2 punnet of peashoots to garnish (or other tangy greens like rocket, mustard leaves or watercress)
- 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 20g of toasted pumpkin seeds
- 30 small red raddish
- 4 spoons of honey
- 4 spoons of balsamic vinegar
- 20g of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Radicchio’s Marinade
- Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of honey
- A few thyme leafs
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 3g Street Food Chef BBQ Seasoning
How to prepare:
First prepare the marinade for the radicchio and mix all the ingredients well in a mixing bowl, do not blend.
Wash the radicchios and cut them in half lengthwise. Brush with abundant marinade on both sides and char them slowly over a BBQ or a non-stick pan. Cook for about 12 minutes covered with foil until caramelised and remove from the heat. Use the same pan to quickly stir-fry the red radishes. Use a little butter and get them coloured on medium heat first. Season with salt and pepper and after 5 minutes remove from the heat and add the honey. If you wish, add a little drop of the marinated to season instead of salt.
Cook the Riso Gallo Rosso (red) Sustainable rice base by following the packet instructions. Place the content into a microwave safe dish and add 200ml of water. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Once ready stir again and dress with a drizzle of oil, a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add the radishes to the salad and plate into pasta bowls. Top it with the charred radicchio halves and the pea shoots. Drizzle some extra balsamic vinegar and enjoy.