RISOTTO WITH CHEESE AND PEPPER
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 320 g Riso Gallo Carnaroli Risotto rice
- 300 g pecorino romano, grated
- 100 g pork cheek, cut into thin strips
- 80 g di butter, clarified
- 40 g di black pepper, ground
- 500 ml boiling hot vegetable stock
How to prepare:
Cook the pork cheek in a non-stick pan until crispy.
Heat the butter in a heavy-based pan and stir in the rice, coating it and cook until it starts to colour.
Continue to cook by gradually adding the stock. When three-quarters cooked, add 15 g finely ground pepper.
When the risotto is cooked ‘al dente’, remove from the heat and beat in the pecorino a little at a time and the remaining pepper until it is creamy.
If necessary add a little stock.
Serve the risotto on warm plates, sprinkled with coarsely ground peppercorns and garnish with the crispy pork cheek.