RISOTTO WITH COURGETTE FLOWERS, TRUMPET COURGETTES, FRESH ALMONDS AND PARMA HAM
Recipe Created By:
Ezio e Maurizio Santin
What you will need
- 280 g Riso Gallo Carnaroli Risotto rice
- 10 courgette flowers, cleaned, washed and dried
- 20 almonds, blanched and very fresh
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 3 fresh Continental-style spring onions
- 2 medium-sized trumpet courgettes
- 50 g Parma ham, cut into matchsticks
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g butter
- 50 g parmigiano-reggiano Parmesan
- a bunch of basil
- 7/8 fresh pennyroyal mint leaves
- 1 l boiling hot chicken stock
- 1 glass dry white wine
- half teaspoon powdered cardamom
- oil (for frying the onions)
How to prepare:
Heat the ham in a small pan for 1 minute, drain and dry well. Cut the courgettes into cubes and the almonds into thin strips. In a saucepan soften the shallot in 4 tablespoons of oil and 40 g butter, add the chopped courgettes and half of the almonds.
Cook together until the flavours blend and add the rice, stirring with a wooden spoon. Pour the wine over and evaporate off. Continue cooking by adding the hot stock a little at a time. Meanwhile deep-fry the spring onions cut into strips beforehand and placed in cold water to make them curl. In a separate frying pan, fry the ham over a high heat until it is crispy.
When the rice is 3/4 cooked, add the courgette flowers cut into quarters. When the risotto is ready, add the remaining butter and Parmesan and beat well to make it creamy yet moist. Add the cardamom, remaining oil, pennyroyal mint and basil.
Serve in warm dishes garnishing it with the crispy ham, remaining almonds and deep-fried spring onions.