RISOTTO WITH SHELLFISH AND COURGETTE FLOWER FONDUE
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 300 g Riso Gallo Carnaroli rice
- the meat of 10 crayfish tails
- 10 Dublin Bay prawns cut into pieces
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 80 g extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g butter
- 1 glass dry white wine (Vermentino)
- 1 bunch basil
- 1.5 litres fish stock (made from the shellfish shells and various herbs)
- 15 large courgette flowers cleaned
- 2 new potatoes chopped
How to prepare:
To make the fondue: simmer the courgette flowers and potatoes for at least 20 mins in 500 ml fish stock until this is reduced by 50%. Season with salt and blend.
To make the risotto with shellfish and courgette flower fondue: heat 30 g butter in a heavy-based pan and gently fry the shallot. Add the rice, stirring until it is well coated and beginning to colour slightly. Pour over the wine and evaporate off.
Continue cooking, adding the pieces of Dublin Bay prawn and the boiling hot fish stock a little at a time.
When the risotto is cooked ‘al dente’, adjust seasoning, add the crayfish meat, the courgette flower fondue, the remaining butter and beat to a creamy consistency away from the heat.