SPRING SALAD WITH ZAATAR TOASTED 3 GRAINS AND TAHINI
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 200g Riso Gallo Rustico 3 Grain Mix
- 300g medium firm ripe cherry tomatoes, preferably vine ripened.
- ¼ cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 4 spring onions cut in .5 cm lengths.
- 75g cooked peas, preferably fresh, frozen ok
- 50g mange tout, trimmed, halved
- 2 cos gem lettuce leaves coarsely shredded.
- 15g flat leaf parsley, leaves only.
- 15g fresh mint, leaves only
- 6 red radishes
- 1tb zaatar spice blend
- 75g Greek feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
For the dressing
- 75ml olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 2tb red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp tahini paste, mixed with a tb of warm water
How to prepare:
Cook the 3 Grain Mix in boiling water for 12 minutes, then drain in a sieve or colander.
Heat a dry frying pan, when hot, add the zaatar grains and quickly toast for 20 seconds to release their fragrance, taking great care not to burn the grains. Add to the cooked grains and toss gently together, keep warm.
Make a dressing using the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and tahini paste, mix well together.
For the salad, cut the tomatoes, cucumber in large chunks, place in a bowl. Thinly slice the red onion and radishes, add to the bowl along with the cooked peas, mange tout and spring onions.
Add the zaatar cooked grain mix, parsley and mint and prepared dressing then toss gently together, then season to taste.
Divide between 4 serving dishes, scatter over the crumbled feta and serve.