SUNDRIED TOMATO & BASIL RISOTTO
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 350g Riso Gallo Carnaroli Rice
- 50g Tomandollie Sundried Tomatoes
- 250g Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 125ml white wine
- 85g butter (or vegan alternative)
- 50g Grated Parmesan (or vegan alternative)
- 1 small onion diced
- 800ml Low salt veg stock or Chicken Stock
- 1 small bunch Fresh basil (chopped)
How to prepare:
Add Your chopped tomatoes and half the stock into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set to the side.
Place the butter and oil in the base of a large saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted. Add the onion and gently cook for 6-8 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic, then cook for 1 min more. Add the rice, and cook, stirring for 1 min. Pour in your wine and cook until its fully absorbed.
Pour in your hot blended tomato sauce and keep stirring. Next, we are gradually adding our stock one ladle at a time, as the rice absorbs it, repeat process.
Add in your Sundried Tomatoes at the 15 min stage and around the 17 min mark remove the Risotto from the heat, add a knob of butter, grated parmesan and your fresh basil and serve.