VEGAN GARLICKY WILD MUSHROOM & ASPARAGUS RISOTTO VERDE
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
For the Risotto
- 250g Riso Gallo Arborio Risotto Rice
- 1 small onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 glass of White Wine
- 500ml Veg Stock (vegan)
- 4-5 Asparagus Spears (trimmed)
- 5-6 chestnut mushrooms sliced (save some for garnish)
- 5-6 shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 Cup of Applewood vegan smoked cheese
For the Verde Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch of fresh basil
- 1/2 handful of fresh mint
- 3-4 tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp of Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to prepare:
Blitz up all your ingredients for the Verde sauce in a blender and set to one side. While this is blending, in a pan of boiling salted water add your trimmed asparagus and cook for 3-5 mins. Remove and drop the asparagus into cold water, cool and chop into 4 pieces.
Fry your onion and garlic, chopped mushrooms and asparagus in your olive oil on a low heat for 4-5 mins until soft, then add your rice and cook rice until it becomes translucent.
Add in your white wine and stir the rice until the liquid has evaporated. Once it has, add a ladle of your vegetable stock and keep stirring. Once the stock has evaporated add another ladle and do this for 18-20 mins.
Add to the risotto the Verde Sauce to give it that extra level of flavour and colour, add in your vegan cheese and stir. Serve with your choice of garnish.