WHAT’S IN THE FRIDGE BASMATI RICE FRITTATA
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 150 g Riso Gallo Basmati Rice refreshed and ready to use (Cooked as per instructions)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 6 sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 1 white onion peeled and chopped
- 1 Red pepper split seeds removed and finely chopped up
- Tender stem Broccoli x 5 sticks cooked until soft in boiling salted water then refreshed in cold water
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 100g grated cheese (or Vegan alternative)
How to prepare:
Fry onions in a pan with a drizzle of vegetable oil. Cook until translucent and soft.
Transfer to a shallow oven proof dish and add the basmati rice, halved cherry tomatoes and broccoli with slices of mushrooms.
Pour over the beaten, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper – egg mixture and stir in well.
Cover with the grated cheese and place in a pre-heated oven at 180oC for 18 minutes until golden.
Slice into wedges and serve with salad.