Modern twists on time-honoured favourites.
Lemon rice with langoustines and wild rocket salad
What you need
- [ ] 300 g Riserva 1856 Carnaroli rice
- [ ] 1 ltr extra virgin olive oil (I suggest ligurian oil)
- [ ] 70 g finely chopped shallot and onions
- [ ] 1 tbsp of home made beurre blanc
- [ ] few leaves of continental parsley
- [ ] 2 lemons
- [ ] 1 nice plum tomatoes
- [ ] 1 kg of small and live langoustines
- [ ] 1 lr of langoustine stock prepared with the head of the shellfish
- [ ] 2 bunches of wild rocket salad
- [ ] 2-3 tbsp of white wine 1 tbsp Brandy
- [ ] garlic
Proposed by: Nico Landenis
How to prepare:
Lemon rice with langoustines and wild rocket salad: gently cook the chopped onions and shallot with a drop of olive oil in a heavy bottomed risotto pan. Add the rice and toast it stirring constantly. Add the wine and let it evaporate. Pour some boiling langoustine stock and had some salt keep adding stock and stirring constantly on a very strong heat. Add two spoons of tomato sauce.
It will take around 18 min to be cooked ‘al dente’. During the last 3-4 minutes of cooking add some freshly grated lemon zest on the side, quickly pan fry the fresh langoustine, tail off the shell with olive oil, a touch of garlic and a drop of brandy. Add the langoustine to the risotto keep stirring for a few seconds and remove from the heat.
Add the beurre blanc to the risotto, the remaining extra virgin olive oil, some lemon jus, freshly chopped parsley, rocket salad leaves, a few peeled filange of tomatoes, salt, fresh pepper to taste and keep stirring until cooked.
Place the rice in the middle of 4 warm plates and garnish with some more langoustine tails, rocket leaves and a drop of extra virgin olive oil. Serve the risotto very hot.