RISOTTO WITH ESSENCE OF TOMATO
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
For the risotto
- 250 g Carnaroli Risotto Rice
- 70 g shallots, finely chopped
- 40 g butter
- ½ glass white wine
- 400 g hot water
- 400 g essence of tomato, warm
- 20 g parmigiano-reggiano Parmesan, grated
For the essence
- 1.3 kg cherry tomatoes, very ripe and cut in small pieces
- 30 g celery finely chopped
- 1 small shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 g dill
- 1 pinch of paprika
- 2 drops of Worcester sauce and 2 of Tabasco
- 2 sprigs of thyme and 2 sprigs of tarragon finely chopped
- 10 g basil
For the garnish
- 12 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 30 g rocket salad
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 5 g butter
- 40 g parmigiano reggiano Parmesan in flakes
How to prepare:
The essence of tomato: Allow all the ingredients to marinate for 4 hours. Blend just a little and at intervals. Pour onto a wet cloth placed over a bowl and allow the essence to filter through overnight.
Risotto with essence of tomato: brown the shallot in half of the butter, add the rice roasting it lightly and then pour in the wine. Continue cooking whilst gradually adding the hot water and then the luke-warm essence. Mix together with the remaining butter and the parmigiano-reggiano, season with salt and pepper.
Whilst this is cooking, fry the small tomatoes in oil until the skin starts breaking up and immerse the rocket salad in water with butter. Put to one side.
Serve the risotto on a plate, surround with tomatoes and add rocket salad on top, sprinkle with parmigiano-reggiano.