AUTUMN BROTH AND COZY SPICED SOUP
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 100g Riso Gallo Rustico Trio Mix
- 250g Diced Carrots
- 250g Diced Turnip/Swede
- 1 Medium Sized Onion
- 250g Leek
- 125 Mixed Green Pulses (Marrowfat Peas Green Split Peas & Green Lentils)
- 2500 ml Water
- 50 g Vegetable Stock Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- 80g Shredded Kale or Savoy Cabbage (Optional)
Cozy Spiced Soup
- 200 g Riso Gallo 3 Grains Rustico Mix
- 1600 ml Water (taking a little out to dissolve the cornflour)
- 30 g Vegetable Stock
- 5 g Cornflour
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 tsp Indian Street Style Seasoning
- 449 ml Light Coconut Milk
- Vegetable Oil
- 80 g Shredded Kale or Savoy Cabbage (Optional)
How to prepare:
For the Autumn Broth
Soak Mixed Green Pulses for 8-12 hours or overnight ready for the next day.
Add a little Vegetable Oil to a pan and gently sweat off the carrots, turnip/swede, onions and leeks for a few minutes. Add the Water and Vegetable stock powder and bring to a boil. Drain the water from the Green Pulses and add to the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer until the Green Pulses are just about tender, then add the GALLO RUSTICO TRIO MIX.
Stir regularly until both the rice and pulses are both cooked. Correct the seasoning and add the optional Kale and Cabbage.
Portion and serve.
For the Cozy Spiced Soup
Add a little Vegetable Oil to a pan and sweat off the carrots, garlic and onions. After a few minutes add the GALLO RUSTICO 3 GRAIN and the Indian Street Style Seasoning continue stirring so the seasoning does not stick.
Add the water and vegetable stock and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is just about cooked. At this point add the diced sweet potato and coconut milk.
Once the rice and potatoes are cooked add the soya milk to give the soup a creamy consistency. If the soup is thick due to the water reducing just add a bit more at this stage and add the cornflour to maintain yield (If made overnight, it may thicken up naturally).
Season and serve.