ITALIAN MINESTRONE RICE SOUP
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 1-2 Cups of Riso Gallo Arborio Risotto Rice
- 3-4 Carrots (Small Diced)
- 2-3 Celery Sticks ( Small diced)
- 150g Cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 large onion (Small diced)
- 1 tin (400g) diced tinned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of Tomato puree
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp of mixed herbs
- 1 cup of sliced savoy cabbage
- 1.5/2 litres of Low salt Vegetable Stock
How to prepare:
This recipe created by Gary Guiney is part of our Luxury for Less collection.
Ingredients serve 5-6 people and the approximate cost is less than £1.00 per portion which totals £5.00 per family of 5.
In a little oil fry off the carrots, onions, celery, garlic and add mixed herbs- simmer on a low heat for 10 mins until soft.
Add in Tomato puree, tinned tomatoes, beans, and choice of stock and cook for a further 15 mins, stirring regularly.
Add in Riso Gallo Aborio rice and cabbage and cook for a further 20 mins – at this stage everything should be soft and tender.
Taste and season then serve, finishing the soup with some grated Parmesan to taste